The root chakra is associated with the color red and with stones like garnet, ruby, hematite, red jasper, bloodstone, lodestone, obsidian and smokey quartz. Garnet seems to strongly evoke the root chakra for me, so I chose garnet chips and beads along with some silver spacers for my bracelet.
I based my design very loosely on the idea of a wrist mala. The large stone is where I begin my affirmations, by chanting the OM and the seed sound for the root chakra, which is LAM. There are five (a number of protection) round garnet beads for saying affirmations, with 7 (the number of chakras) garnet chips in between each round bead. I finished my bracelet in time to let it sit under the full moon to be charged and blessed.
Some root chakra affirmations I collected to use with my bracelet:
- I can take care of myself, no matter what circumstances I am in.
- I am safe. I trust more; I fear less. I am centered and grounded.
- I am a child of the universe and I am always loved and protected.
- I connect with the earth and am nurtured by it.
- I am a beloved child of the universe and I deserve love, peace and security.
- The universe supports my growth and development. I am thankful for this opportunity to express myself and grow.
- I release all negative feelings that hold me back from being happy and free.
- I release all doubts and fears which block the way for love and abundance to come into my life.
- I know that I am worth giving myself the things that I need.
- I have an abundance of strength and energy.
- I affirm that I am strong and able to handle any situation.
- I am here and I am real.
- I enjoy being in my body and I nourish it each day.
- I love my body and trust its wisdom.
- The earth supports me and meets my needs.
- I am connected to the Earth and the safe foundation it provides for my future growth.
- I walk with my feet firmly on the ground in trust and confidence.
- The energy patterns of the earth flow upward through my body supporting my life’s purpose.
- I manifest, I trust, I believe in my abundance.
- I trust my Higher Self fulfills all my needs. My life is full of prosperity.