Thursday, October 2, 2008

Favorite Halloween Costume

This is for MrsB and her fabulous 31 Days of Halloween contest! And for anyone else who never had the opportunity to see these pictures back in 2006 when they were posted at the original TH Cove...

I present to you, my most favorite Halloween costume ever-- The Dominatrix Fairy!

Here I am, ready for a night on out on the town with my handsome husband, Skeletor.

This is my "OMG I can't believe I'm out in public dressed this way" expression.

Pleather wings, purple bodice from my Ren Faire days, black crinoline borrowed from a friend who found it at a second-hand store, gigantic cross necklace from my Madonna-wanna-be days, spiked choker, and of course, a scourge. I decided if I was going to do this, I had to do it all the way, so I also have fake hair (everything piled on top of my head), fake eyelashes, fake nose rings (two-- this was before I got my nose pierced for real), fake beauty mark and fake black cat tattoo... the cleavage is real, though.

All in all, I had a blast that Halloween. But I still look at the pictures and say, "I can't believe I did that."

The problem is, once you've been the Dominatrix Fairy, how in the world do you top that?

6 comments:

mrsb said...

Dominatrix Fairy! Haha! I love it!!

Angela said...

That is so cool!

Sabrina@goddessaday.com said...

Great costume! You must have had a blast!

Nydia said...

Congrats for winning the Halloween costume photo contest, Turtle! You look absolutely cute and hilarious, surely deserved it! That's great!:o)

Kisses from Nydia.

Randilin said...

Great costume... Congrats on winning

intothedawn said...

MRSB~ *grin* yep, I found the pleather bat wings, and the idea grew from there...

ANGELA~ Thanks!

SABRINA~ It was great fun, kinda like getting in touch with my naughty side... LOL

NYDIA~ Thanks so much! I still look back at those pictures and just have to laugh at myself, what a crazy idea I had!

RANDILLIN~ Thanks!