Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Get This Cozy Started

The pattern has been chosen, the yarn has been acquired, the hook has been located AND--


the crocheting has COMMENCED!

I know the pattern calls for wool yarn, but I made an executive decision to go with kitchen cotton. Why? It's durable and shouldn't shrink when washed (at least, not too much). And being that this is a tea cozy and will be used frequently (she drinks LOTS of tea), I would say it's a safe bet it's going to get dribbled on from time to time and need washed. Plus, no danger of kitchen cotton felting. So there ya go.

Okay I know that it's probably too early to tell but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this tea cozy is going to be just too cute! And worthy of a trade for an alpaca shawl.

2 comments:

Nydia said...

I'm sure it will be the cutest ever. Your friend will love it, it will be made with so much care and love in it! I used to crochet when I was younger, and don't know why, I simply stopped. My middle sister taught the the art when I was nine and wanted to watch the Oscar ceremony (I looooove it...) late at night and I was too sleepy. So she taught me some basics, and I made a center piece for my mother while watching the ceremony (she still have it, when I'm in Petropolis I'l take a photo to show you).

Kisses!

intothedawn said...

NYDIA that is such a neat memory. Yes! I'd love to see pictures of the centerpiece you made, so cool your mom still has it.