Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hearts & Swirls

Played with another pendant idea over the weekend. I have a new swirly texture stamp and of course I had to make something with it.

If that doesn't say "valentine" I don't know what does! Husband helped me out by taking photos of me modeling this necklace and the ones I finished earlier last week for Etsy. It's waaaaay tricky being the model AND the photographer all by yourself, although I have done it. Much easier when there's a little help.

So the red, pink and gold heart necklace is listed at my Etsy... but the one below... I made that one for me. I actually made something for myself!

And look, I even made matching tube beads, my very first! I'm quite proud. I know, I know, alot of you poly clayers out there are probably thinking, "Pshaw! Tube beads-- I cut my baby teeth making tube beads!" But I don't do much bead making with PC, so this was all new for me; I'm a little excited.

Don't know exactly what I'm going to do with my own pendant/beads, going to play around with them a while and see how things end up.

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Gorgeous and intricate. I think I will be buying myself a V-day gift from here :)

Sacred Suzie said...

Actually, I tried making my own beads once and couldn't believe how hard it was! I couldn't make anything uniform at all, especially tube beads. This piece absolutely rocks and is so beautiful and perfect for Valentine's Day. Way to go getting them done ahead of the game like that and wow my friend, you are so talented.

Thanks for being so encouraging and supportive of my interview, I really appreciate it. It was tough but fun to do!

intothedawn said...

GENIE SEA~ You're so sweet! I'm sure I have some little treasure that will be perfect for you!

SACRED SUZIE~ Thanks, girlfriend! I don't attempt beads very often, but having the right tools sure helped with this experiment.

dieadjustormigrate said...

I love your polymer clay work. Only thing is that I don't think you are charging enough money for it!!!! Do you do special orders? Would it be possible to get one of the heart necklaces in a different colour?

intothedawn said...

D,AorM~ Thanks so much! And I welcome special orders, I can make the heart whatever color/s you desire.