Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday

Jamie at Starshyne Productions is hostess of Wishcasting Wednesday, when we put it out to the Universe, asking for our wishes to come true. This week's wish prompt:

WHAT DO YOU WISH FOR YOUR SPACE?

Last May, we had a sewer backup followed by plumbing leaks, which lead to ripping out a HUGE portion of our finished basement. That lead to discoveries such as a Very Important Support Beam had been removed by whoever finished the basement, as well as substandard carpentry, resulting in rot, etc.

All the insurance money and our savings went to replacing things that the insurance didn't cover. Here is where we are, and here is where we've stayed since last October:

the Family room

the Guest room

the Bathroom

the Laundry room (although I do finally have my washer and dryer hooked up again!)

But wait, there's more! Over the past several years of drought, our driveway has sunk, cracked and severely buckled. It has become apparent over this winter that tearing out the drive, refilling the areas of compaction/washout, and replacing the concrete is becoming IMPERATIVE. It has to be done before we even consider doing more in the basement. We also need to look into realigning our sewer line, as it has shifted because of the drought, and if it shifts much more... I'm not even going to go there.

We don't have the money for any of it. We are tapped out. We're living in half of a house and I'm tired of it. I want our house back! I want my finished basement back! I want our sewer line fixed! I want a new driveway!

So that is my wish-- I wish for the money, supplies, assistance, contractors, knowledge, skills, energy-- whatever we need to replace the driveway, fix the sewer line and finish the basement so that we can have our lovely house back! I wish for a new, smooth, flat driveway, a straight and true and unclogged sewer line right out to the main line, and I wish for textured walls and ceilings, beautiful, warm, new paint, tile flooring, bathroom tile and a pretty shower door, a lovely new sink and vanity, our toilet reinstalled, new carpeting, wide wood baseboards, new doors and frames, and any other thing we might need to refinish the basement, so that we can have that space back again.

What do you wish for? Join us in wishcasting each Wednesday!

15 comments:

Kavindra said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

Oh sweetie, that hurts. This wish comes none too soon! May everything come together and restore to you a whole, tranquil, beautiful space, exactly as you most desire it. I know it will happen, and sooner than you can imagine.

(You are amazing, goddess love you, I would be a screaming banshee of a basket case!)

Jenn said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself and her home, so I wish also.

Oh my gosh! Saying you had a really rough year sounds like an understatement to me. I hope that your home gets the healing that it needs so that you can have your space back.

pen* said...

as into-the-dawn wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.

i can't believe how much you have been through. what an amazing spirit you have. may all your wishes start manifesting now!

Her Speak said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself and her space, so I wish also.

May it start raining drywall putty and quick set cement! May you have the cozy home of your dreams. :)

Much Joy~*
Molly

Genie Sea said...

As Dawn (may I call you Dawn?) wishes for herself and her space, so I wish for her also. :)

May it rain carpenters and contractors, and plumbers and money so that you may complete your home. :)

Gypsy said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

My all your Home Dreams come true and more! May everything come together to restore your beautiful home, exactly how you desire it to be!~

Alex said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

It must very frustrating...hoping for the best for you and your family

Fatma said...

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

May everything, everyone and all the abundance flow your way to make your dream house come true.

Bohemian Single Mom said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself and her home, so I wish for her also.

May you soon enjoy the comforts of being in your own cozy and completed home.

Yollana said...

I'm wishing for you, what you wish for yourself and more.

MAy all the outer things come together to make your house truly beautiful

~ And a thought: in the meantime, do you talk to your house? Tell it how you're feeling? Ask it how it's feeling? Maybe you cuold commisserate together and work out some solutions!

Aho to your incredible resilience in living this way so long. I have a 65 year old friend whose broke and been living in a shed for a year and a half while her house is building stalled cos they ran out of money, and it's driven her batty a number of times!

I ended up emailing her friends and raised $8000 from 4 close friends. I wonder if your friends or family would pitch in to help in money or kind?

Tally said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

I wish you good luck for a good year in a comfy house - with your space. ***

dieadjustormigrate said...

I think that you are the queen of understatement. I would have been using much, much stronger language to describe what has been going on in your house this past year!

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Plus, a little extra wish for even more monetary abundance (after all you will deserve a vacation somewhere warm when this is all done!)

Caroline said...

As Into-the-Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

Jamie said...

As IntotheDawn wishes for herself, so I wish also.

What a challenging time. May your house become your beautiful home. May you peace, prosperity and excellent contractors abound.

Dessa Wolf said...

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself and her family, I also wish for them. I am so sorry for all of the problems that you all have faced with your home. Wishing that 2009 will be the beginning of a much better time for all of you. So mote it be.