Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting Runes Ready

I've been making more herbal rune sets. Some of these are calendula petals and basil, and some are purple heather and peppermint. Some are bagged and tagged and ready to go to the local shop, the rest are waiting their turn to be sanded. When those are finished, (probably late this weekend), they'll be listed at my etsy shop.


Once the runes are done sanding, I'll sand some herbal lentil beads I've been making with the leftover clay from runes. I thought it would be fun to see what something like that might look like, so I added some extra color &/or herbs to the clay and played around. The beads will have to be wet sanded at least a couple of times, with two different grits, to really make them shine and bring out the layers of herbs in them. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

4 comments:

peppylady said...

Do you every do a reading from the Runes?

Coffee is on.

Genie Sea said...

This is absolutely intriguing! How do you make Runes from herbs??!!?? It seems like magic to me :)

intothedawn said...

PEPPY~ I've had others do rune readings for me; I like to use runes as sigils for amulets and such.

GENIE SEA~ Its not just the herbs, there is also clay. I mix a large amount of herbs in with the clay as an inclusion. No magic. ;-)

~Barb~ said...

These are so awesome! And beautiful, too. Wow!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~