The first is from Lissa, who gave me my very first art award! Thank you so much. Being that I'm still getting used to applying the term "artist" to myself, I'm honored that someone else thought of me in regards to that word!
As part of accepting the award, I'm to share 7 things I love:
- My husband~ he's my best friend, my sweetheart, my soul mate; he's silly, funny, loving, kind, understanding and handsome to boot!
- Moose-man, my kitty. He's a little love bug, such a great fluffy lump, a very sweet boy.
- Color! I have a love affair with colors, the whole spectrum, so many shades, so many ways to mix and match.
- Books & reading. Nothing beats curling up with a good book, no matter how many times I've read it before.
- Lavender. Great herb, great smell. Its a lovely plant that calms and soothes me.
- Finches. They're such homely, happy little birds, always showing up in pairs at the feeder, so fun to watch.
- The changing of the seasons. Love to watch the shifting of the seasonal tides.
Terri at Honor Yourself, which leads me to the second gift that I was given this week.
I met Terri via e-mail last week. She took the time to send me the sweetest thank you note regarding a gift sent from my shop; to hear from a happy recipient really made my day. And then, to top it all off, she offered to mention my shop in her monthly art newsletter for a little free press. Wow, so cool! I was blown away by her kindness.
Since then, I've been browsing her blog and website, bone sigh arts, and have been inspired and amazed. The way that bone sigh came into being is an incredible testimony to the power of creative work healing and empowering a person; scroll down her main page to read the story.
I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Lissa & Terri, for the gifts they have given me this week, and also a thank you to all the other creative bloggers I have met through this journey; so many sources of inspiration in your blogs, your comments and your creative work! Thank you for sharing your creative selves!