Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Honored By Your Mention

I've received two wonderful, thoughtful gifts this week.

The first is from Lissa, who gave me my very first art award! Thank you so much. Being that I'm still getting used to applying the term "artist" to myself, I'm honored that someone else thought of me in regards to that word!

As part of accepting the award, I'm to share 7 things I love:
  1. My husband~ he's my best friend, my sweetheart, my soul mate; he's silly, funny, loving, kind, understanding and handsome to boot!
  2. Moose-man, my kitty. He's a little love bug, such a great fluffy lump, a very sweet boy.
  3. Color! I have a love affair with colors, the whole spectrum, so many shades, so many ways to mix and match.
  4. Books & reading. Nothing beats curling up with a good book, no matter how many times I've read it before.
  5. Lavender. Great herb, great smell. Its a lovely plant that calms and soothes me.
  6. Finches. They're such homely, happy little birds, always showing up in pairs at the feeder, so fun to watch.
  7. The changing of the seasons. Love to watch the shifting of the seasonal tides.
There are many wonderful creative bloggers I've met, especially since I've started by book blogging group. Many have already received this award, so I'm going to pass is on to these creative, inspiring souls who have not yet been mentioned:
AND ALSO Terri at Honor Yourself, which leads me to the second gift that I was given this week.

I met Terri via e-mail last week. She took the time to send me the sweetest thank you note regarding a gift sent from my shop; to hear from a happy recipient really made my day. And then, to top it all off, she offered to mention my shop in her monthly art newsletter for a little free press. Wow, so cool! I was blown away by her kindness.

Since then, I've been browsing her blog and website, bone sigh arts, and have been inspired and amazed. The way that bone sigh came into being is an incredible testimony to the power of creative work healing and empowering a person; scroll down her main page to read the story.

I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Lissa & Terri, for the gifts they have given me this week, and also a thank you to all the other creative bloggers I have met through this journey; so many sources of inspiration in your blogs, your comments and your creative work! Thank you for sharing your creative selves!

4 comments:

peppylady said...

I'm so glad that our season change. I need spring other then a snow cover ground.
I know spring is around some corner.

Coffee is on.

Lissa said...

What is the changing of the seasons? In FL there is no such thing! Love the way you love so many things & believe that your hubby is your soul mate. Wonderful to hear that Terri loved & appreciated something from you(no surprise to me) & is now giving you some free press!

terri said...

ya know what's striking me this morning? is the way appreciation
is spread around.
i paused on the right word.
i started to write 'kindness'...but i don't know....maybe it's more appreciation than kindness. whatever it is, it's goodness. and i love the way it spreads. thank you for the mention here, dawn marie. and ya know that hang up with the word 'artist'?? me too. but how about this one? artist of life? reading thru your list of 7 things here, i'm thinking maybe you can hold that one easier and then gradually realize it's artist in art too! cause you definitely are!

sukigirl said...

Thank you so much for your mention and also taking the time to leave a comment on my blog.
I agree with Terri (who says it much more eloquently than I could ever say) how many wonderfully giving people we encounter when we sit down to our computers...total strangers at first but who we come to share parts of our lives.
Thanks again and I look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations.
suki