Monday, February 2, 2009

A Simple Imbolc

My Imbolc was simple but meaningful today.

I mixed sea salt, lavender and safflower oil together to make a purifying salt scrub for my shower. As I showered, I imagined scrubbing away anything negative from the past year.

I sprinkled lavender and lemon balm on the carpet and vacuumed. I took all the expired condiments out of the fridge and emptied the bottles and jars, rinsed them out and recycled them. I took some money I've been hoarding and went and got my hair cut in the afternoon. It feels so much better now!

I put on my favorite Sarah Brightman CD, La Luna, and cleared off my altar, dusted everything and redecorated it while the music played. I lit incense and candles on my altar after I finished and just sat a while, relaxing, enjoying the music.

I made the Spring Tonic Soup for dinner and it was very good! I have to admit, never having eaten leeks or mustard greens before, I was skeptical, but I thought it was yummy. I'm having leftovers for lunch tomorrow.


And, because its traditional to have something for Imbolc that involves dairy, I made my very first baked custard! Topped with fresh blackberries... yum...

Even though I didn't do anything very exciting, what I did do today felt like a perfect way to honor the sabbat.

7 comments:

Genie Sea said...

It was perfect indeed! Every single act f purification and meditation full of intent, quiet reflection and beauty! :)

Jaspenelle said...

I think your day sounded perfect and beautiful (and those custards are making my mouth water!)

Her Speak said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful sabbat! I'm looking forward to spending some time tomorrow with my altar as school got in the way of celebrating.

Oooh and your pictures make my tummy rummbly for custard! hehe!

Much Joy, Many Blissings~*
Molly

peppylady said...

I don't why custard sound so good. Imbolc was quite here.

Coffee is on.

intothedawn said...

GENIE SEA~ I'm definitely getting my solitary spiritual practice groove back. ;-)

JASPENELLE~ The custards were great, and SOOOO fast and easy! Try 'em, I guarantee you'll like 'em.

MOLLY~ School has a way of doing that, doesn't it? But I kind of see the sabbats as being tides of time, and we're still riding high on the wave of Imbolc, so any time to celebrate still is a good time right now!

PEPPY~ Quiet is so often a blessing, IMHO. (And you should really try making the custard.) ;-)

jennlui said...

oooohhh beautiful imbolc honoring!!! it certainly doesn't need to be fancy, just meaningful!!! i love how you put so much intention into everything, that's what puts the magic into it!!! i feel so honored to have been able to peek into your special day!!! thank YOU!!!

peace and love

martie said...

OH yum! Can you share these recipes please??