Sunday, February 8, 2009

Works In Progress

This is some of what I made last week that is now ready for finishing touches.

I was playing with scraps of clay left over from making herbal runes, and ended up learning how to make lentil beads by accident! Once I figured out how to do it, I couldn't stop, so I practiced making swirly lentils for hours. These have calendula petals and basil in them, which will show up better once they've been sanded and buffed.


I was also playing around with my beveled cutters and Chinese calligraphy stamps, which resulted in some new pendant designs. The ones on the card still need glazed, the others are ready to be made into necklaces. Trying to decided how I want to string them.


I've also been experimenting with making decorative pieces for journal covers. I had some great stamps that matched the design on this journal perfectly, so I decided to play around with some ideas. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's complete.


I'll be working hard this next week getting everything put together.

4 comments:

Genie Sea said...

How prolifically fun and exciting! I love the journal decorations especially! :)

Lissa said...

Stamps into pendants. How beautiful! You art is amazing! Therefore I gave you an award!
http://lissalightnup.blogspot.com/2009/02/art-award.html#comments

CynthiaMarie said...

oo, oo, ooo! God your good with the polymer! I'm still at basic level and am more interested in how to add it to my mixed media pieces.

Wow! love this stuff girl!

intothedawn said...

GENIE SEA~ Thanks; I'm excited to see how the journal will look when it's done, its a new kind of project for me.

LISSA~ Thanks so much, that's so nice of you! I love stamping with polymer clay-- they are my two most favorite and addictive crafts!

CYNTHIA MARIE~ LOL, I feel like I'm still at the basic level myself! Yes, I want to get into more mixed media with PC too-- there's so much that can be done. Sure wish we could clay together!