Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Have Created... SNOW

My wish for snow? I got it! Finally! A big ol' heap o' blowing snow. Yesssssss!


Of course, its kind of turned into one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations. Businesses and schools have closed. Interstates and highways are being shut down. And that's just in the first half of the day-- supposedly, the worst is yet to come later this afternoon or evening.

If you look carefully in the foreground of the above picture (click on it to embiggen), you will see the snow is flying horizontally, that's how hard the wind is blowing. Personally, I am overjoyed. We need this snow soooooo badly. Plus, I just love wild weather. I may have been a storm chaser in another life.

The wind was blowing so hard, the feeder in the backyard was rocking to and fro. This poor little feathered friend was hanging on for dear life. I don't think she was getting much to eat, she had to work too hard just to stay at the feeder. Poor little cheeper.

There's a lull right now in the snow fall and wind, seems like a good time for me to put on my little booties and go out to refill the feeder. And do a little snow dance while I'm out there.

1 comment:

mrsb said...

I'm glad you got your snow! Though I do feel bad for that poor bird!

I love weather magic (even if it is just wishing really, really hard!). The very first family vacation we ever took (last year, lol!) was at the beach with 2 other families. Late season, in danger of rain the whole week. I spent time every night and every morning doing a little ritual to have sunny skies while we played. We only had a couple of very brief showers that week, and only at night or when we took a break to eat at the house! That, for sure, is magic!

Enjoy your life renewing snow. I hope it brings feelings of spring at the end for you and the earth.