Monday, March 30, 2009

Mosaic WIPs

Yes, more WIPs! I have probably half a dozen projects in various stages of progress right now. Here's what I've been working on today.


I acquired Laurie Mika's book on Mixed Media Mosaics a few of weeks ago and was utterly captivated, especially since the majority of the book focused on making tiles with polymer clay and using rubber stamps to embellish them. My two most favorite mediums!


I had two boxes already stained that would be perfect for mosaics on the lids, one box green and one blue, so I decided to go with a mosaic "theme" for each-- water for one and earth for the other. I pulled out my stamps and started making a big ol' pile of tiles. Now I am in the process of fitting everything together on the lids of these boxes.

So far, so good, and I'm really loving playing with the tiles. Its sort of like putting a puzzle together, only with this puzzle, if the pieces don't fit, you get to trim them until they do! I'm excited to finish them and I have tons of ideas for more mosaics. So fun!

8 comments:

~Barb~ said...

Gorgeous! The colors and the scheme is stunning. Very, very nice.
Peace & Love,
♥ Barb ♥

sukigirl said...

Oh, I like these!
I can see how you could have a lot of fun putting it all together...love the blues and the water theme!

Nydia said...

I loooove your style, Turtle. These tiles look so lovely, I wish I could touch them! I'm sure they'll be a hit at your shop!

Answering late to your question: of course, my horse, I'll teach Lucas English! :o)) Actually I already teach him words and expressions - he has English lessons at school as well - and also some French. Since his brain is that little sponge, I think it's the best time to start introducing him to new languages!

Kisses, sweetie!

Genie Sea said...

This looks absolutely fun and beautiful! What an awesome idea! :)

intothedawn said...

BARB~ Thanks so much! I tried really hard to mix colors that would bring out the themes for each box.

SUKIGIRL~ Thanks! They *are* fun-- and a little challenging at times! LOL

NYDIA~ LOL, you sound like me; whenever I see something I like, I have to touch it! Wow, Lucas is going to be TRI-lingual-- that's amazing!

GENIE SEA~ Thank you! I'm really enjoying the process, I think I may have found my creative niche!

Sorrow said...

Loving these colors...
makes me think of spring and rebirth all over the place!!!

Disturbed Stranger said...

Those are absolutely beautiful!
fantastic job!
well done!

intothedawn said...

SORROW~ Thanks! Spring greens were on my mind when I made the earth tiles.

DISTURBED STRANGER~ Thank so much!