Monday, April 6, 2009

Shadow Panel WIP

Here are the pieces and parts of my Shadow panel for the artist collaboration project sponsored by Mother Henna.

Not so colorful this time as I was going for a darker "atmosphere", but I'm still trying to include lots of different textures to make it more interesting. Can you spot the tarot influences for this panel? There are two cards that inspired me, one from the Major Arcana and one from the Minor Arcana.

If you missed seeing the work in progress on the Hero portion of my contribution to the Hero/Shadow project, you can find it HERE. I hope to finish both of my panels by the middle of this month, before I return to work full time. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

I see the Tower and the eight of Wands.

I love how you're putting together your panels! I am excited to see the finished products! :)

AutumnZ said...

Gorgeous! I love visiting your Etsy store :-)

I am curious, though. Do you work outside the home?

intothedawn said...

GENIE SEA~ You are... sort of correct! LOL It *is* the Tower & supposed to be the 10 of wands, but counting them, I discovered that I'm short a wand, and in the pic if you're counting it looks like there are 8 so...

AUTUMNZ~ Thanks! I do work outside the home, but on a sort of "seasonal" schedule-- FT hours start up again for me middle of next week and I'll be working thru July, with a couple of breaks here & there between projects.

Nydia said...

Woman, you have to keep working like that, your talent simply come in a high flow! Love it!

intothedawn said...

NYDIA~ Thanks! I was really struggling with how to make this one look right, finally just dove in and started playing with it, and it turned out better than I ever expected.