Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Finished Mica Shift Jewelry

Sorrow left me a comment the other day asking about my mica shift pieces and I realized that I never posted the finished work, only the first stages. So here are some photos of how some of 'em ended up!

These are the Subtle Sunset earrings and necklace:



I'm calling the hot pink necklace and earrings the Totally '80's mica shift pieces. I don't know about you, but I wore a TON of hot pink/fuschia in the Big '80's.



This one I called the Zig-Zag mica shift-- and it already sold! I really liked the combination of copper & teal, I'm thinking about recreating this necklace so I have one for myself.


This last one is brand new and wasn't part of my original mica shift post; this is the Green Leaf mica shift pendant necklace. I wanted to see how a nice deep green would work for mica shift and it turned out really amazing! I think the darker color really shows off this technique.

These are all currently available at my ArtFire shop (except for the Zig-zag). Lots more pictures there, so you can see the technique from all angles-- it really looks 3D, hard to believe the pieces are flat and smooth!

Of course, not all my first mica shifts made it to the final phase-- the silver set was the first one I sanded and I over did the sanding and ended up not being able to use them. Oops. The silver OM is still waiting for me to brainstorm some sort of setting for it and so are a couple other copper pieces. Sometimes I need to set stuff aside for a bit until an idea gels.

Not to worry, they'll all be finished eventually!

6 comments:

Sorrow said...

Oh
i like the mica!
The green leaf is spectacular!
I can see why you are pleased!
Thanks for sharing these!
Do you like your new place to sell?
( I have read mixed reviews...)

Cynthia said...

Creative, inspiring work. I do enjoy your jewelry -- just purchased the sun brooch! :) Can't wait.

beweaver said...

That green leaf is so frikking cool.

intothedawn said...

SORROW~ Thanks so much! I really like how ArtFire is set up & I'm in a great, active guild, lots of promotion opportunities. Not much for sales in either shop right now, but that's the economy; it'll turn around.

CYNTHIA~ You made my day! *hugs*

BEWEAVER~ LOL! That's gotta be the best compliment I've ever gotten-- "frikking cool"! Yeah!

jaz said...

How fun! I am terrible with polymer clay, so I always find your work to be extra amazing!

intothedawn said...

JAZ~ Thanks so much! Believe me, I've come a long way from where I've started and there is still so much to learn, techniques I haven't even tried yet. I just keep playing with it.