Sunday, May 17, 2009

Leopard Bead Experiment

Remember my first cane, the leopard spot? I still had some of it left after the sculpting project, so...

It became part of my Big Bead Experiment. The big beads are prototypes for my "fun & funky, super chunky" beads idea I have brewing.

I love how the beads turned out, but I'm wondering if my big beads are going to be a bit too big. But strung on satin cord along with some Chinese button knots, I think they may look pretty cool. I'm just going to keep playing with the idea and see what happens.

7 comments:

amy said...

Those look really cool. rom the photo they don't look too big. I was looking at a catalog the other day and saw fedora or something that is a clay you stick smaller gems and stuff to. Have you seen it?

intothedawn said...

AMY~ Hmm, doesn't ring a bell. Got a link to it? Sounds intriguing.

sukigirl said...

Nice! How big (or little) are they?
The Big Bead Experiment sounds intriguing!

Also you mentioned in your comment on my blog about your grandma crocheting clothes for her doll. If you do end up posting a pic of them I'd love to link it to my blog.
hugs

Genie Sea said...

How FUN! :)

intothedawn said...

SUKIGIRL~ It's a 1 inch bead core, covered with maybe about another 1/4 inch of clay.

I'll have to see if I can still find the doll clothes Gram crocheted. Not sure where they ended up. I'll let you know if I post pics.

GENIE SEA~ Hoping others will think the same thing when I get 'em finished and in my shop!

2 Good Claymates - Dave and Carolyn Good said...

Nice beads! I love making animal prints -- they are fun to wear as well!

intothedawn said...

CAROLYN~ It was fun playing with the leopard spots. I really want to learn how to do tiger stripes, but have yet to find a good tutorial on that.