Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sculpted Leaf Pendants

I played around with sculpting leaves and flowers this weekend...

These were inspired by Christi Friesen's book, Welcome to the Jungle. I love making lentil beads and stamped pendants and such, but I'd really like to make more items like these. I like the "organic" look and I like the sculpting and detail work, it's fun and relaxing. It really gets my creative juices flowing and I can let my imagination run wild.

I think I will finish these on satin cord with some Chinese knotwork, but I haven't completely decided. I rather think the pendants speak for themselves, they don't need lots of beadwork added. What do you think?

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Lovely flowers and leaves I think they will make wonderful pendants. I love the way Christi Friesen writes!

intothedawn said...

VANESSA~ Thanks so much! I know, its almost like she's right there talking to you, and she makes sculpting so easy & fun to learn. I'd love to take a class from her sometime, have you ever had the opportunity?

AutumnZ said...

You are a crafting fool right now! They are beautiful.

2 Good Claymates - Dave and Carolyn Good said...

I like how your pendants came out -- they're all very nice! The satin cord sounds like a good choice to me.

coltpixy said...

Beautiful!

You have been tagged. Check my blog for details http://coltpixy.com/ then post 7 random things about you.

beweaver said...

Speak for themselves.

And those little pink buds. So precious.

intothedawn said...

AUTUMN Z~ Thanks! I've got a break between projects at work, so I'm using the time off to my creative advantage!

CAROLYN~ Thank you! I've been wanting to play around with this idea for a while now; had so much fun I plan on doing more, too.

COLTPIXY~ Cool, & thanks! :-)

BEWEAVER~ Thank you! I think the buds are my fave, too.