Monday, June 1, 2009

My Favorite Month

"For stately trees in rich array,
For sunlight all the happy day,
For blossoms radiant and rare,
For skies when daylight closes,
For joyous, clear, outpouring song
From birds that all the green wood throng,
For all things young, and bright, and fair,

We praise t
hee, Month of Roses!

For blue, blue skies of summer calm,
For fragrant odors breathing balm,
For quiet, cooling shades where oft
The weary head reposes,
For brooklets babbling thro' the fields
Where Earth her choicest treasures yields,
For all things tender, sweet and soft,
We love thee, Month of Roses!"

- Elaine Goodale. June


Its here! My favorite month of the year. The month of peonies blooming, giving off their heady scent; roses, too. My birth month, my anniversary month. The summer solstice.

All tree leaves change from the bright green of spring to the deep green of summer. The foothills are lush, the mountains are deep purple. The days are warm and sunny. The evenings are long and peaceful.

I love the month of June.

7 comments:

Draven said...

Great poem... June is my birth month too... I'm on the 10th, i turn 40 this year lol

coltpixy said...

Happy Birthday!
Two of my sisters have June birthdays too.
Peonies bloom here from late April to early May. They are all gone. Lilies are blooming now.

mrsb said...

Summer Solstice is my favorite sabbat (unless it's fall, and then it's Samhain, lol!). I wait for summer ever year. Being a Texas girl living in Jersey, this is my most loved season.

Happy June!

Cynthia said...

Me Too!! :)
Beautiful poem.

coltpixy said...

You've received a blog award... http://coltpixy.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

mrsb said...

I tagged you for a meme on my blog. Feel free to ignore, lol!

intothedawn said...

DRAVEN~ Happy birthday early! I'm a year ahead of you-- 41 this time around.

COLTPIXY~ Thanks! June is a pretty good month for b-days!

MRS. B~ I think summer solstice is usually the sabbat I enjoy most, love the energy this time of year.

CYNTHIA~ another vote for June! woo-hoo!

CP & MRS. B~ thanks for the tags, I will catch up with those soon!