Thursday, July 9, 2009

Special Earth Mosaic Box

Within the last 2 months I've received a request for a special mosaic box and have gotten it completed. A fellow pagan saw my Earth Spirit box in my ArtFire shop and asked if I could do something similar but on a larger basis, adding a pentacle and a couple of specific words in reference to the element of Earth. The rest of the design was left to my choosing. Here is the finished box:

I am very honored to have been asked to do this commission work, as it is a special gift that will be given to her son during an upcoming ritual. I tried very hard to let the spirit of Earth speak through my work to make this a unique, meaningful, and useful piece of art.

Because this is a gift for a male, I thought the Green Man would be an appropriate deity to adorn this box, as well as the pentacle and lots of flowers, oak & maple leaves.

I enjoy special commission pieces because they always challenge me and stretch my talents. I come away from the experience having learned so much, every time! This time was no different, I feel I've reached yet another level in my creativity and I'm pleased with the outcome and thankful for the opportunity.

10 comments:

Sorrow said...

it is spectacular, and you should be very pleased! your talents and love of the earth shine thru!

Cynthia said...

I am continually amazed at the beauty of your work. this is something that will be shard for generations, never lost -

Draven said...

So beautiful I think this is one of my favorite boxes so far... Great job...

coltpixy said...

So very beautiful! I love everything about it.

Dori said...

This box is absolutely wonderful. Good job.

kim said...

Gorgeous!

mrsb said...

Holy crud, that is so gorgeous!!

sukigirl said...

Wonderful..you should be very proud of it!

beweaver said...

exquisite!

Nydia said...

Gods, this is so beautiful, Turtle!! You're truly gifted with a wonderful talent. Loved it!

Just stopping by to leave a kiss! :o)