Monday, August 17, 2009

Herb Wrangling Results

I was out working in my poor neglected herb garden today. My periwinkle is encroaching on my lemon balm, my lemon balm spreading through my lavender and sweet woodruff, my tansy is attacking everything. But I'm quite happy to see that my thyme has taken hold quite nicely, at long last!


I spent some time weeding and cutting my little green friends back, while Moose enjoyed a bit of coveted and rare outdoor time. I brought in some handfuls of lemon balm, tansy flowers and lavender and hung them up in the kitchen to dry. I don't know why the handles to my kitchen cupboards are in the middle of the door, way above my head, but the handles do work well for hanging herbs. I gathered some calendula heads, too, and spread them on a paper towel lined cookie sheet to dry.

I also filled my bird feeder (finally got more seed yesterday) and watered the lawn. Plenty more to do in the yard, but at least I made a start.

5 comments:

Jaspenelle Stewart said...

Mmmm lemon balm, I should plant some of that, it smells so wonderful. I don't understand those handles either, unless a tall person lived there before you!

mrsb said...

I started infusions yesterday with my herbs, for the first time! I'm so excited!

beweaver said...

Hey there! I gave you the Domestic Witch Blog Award. Go to my blog to snag the photo and pass it on!

:-)

Meredith said...

I think I would love working in your kitchen. It looks so light and airy and lovely with the herbs and blossoms hanging from the cabinet handles. Nice touch!

Garnet said...

WHOAH! Those are hanging off of cabinet doors?!?! I see that now but before I got to that part of your post, I could've sworn they were hanging in front of three bright, sunny, bay windows! It's like an optical illusion, I tell ya! That's pretty cool!
I like how you hang your herbies! I think they look like just great decorations - in front of your window OR in front of your cabinet! LOL