Monday, September 28, 2009

Autumn Additions

I love working with an autumn color palette, the colors of fall really inspire me. Some autumn season items recently added to my shops--

Playing with polymer clay color recipes led me to create this lentil bead pendant, which went really well with unachite beads-- the colors make me think of summer leaves turning to autumn colors.

I love the seeing the Greenman motif in all his various expressions. I'd never seen him wearing fall colors, though, so decided to see what he would look like. Very handsome, don't you think?

Experimenting with glass etching led me to create this votive and holder-- both showing off three different leaves-- oak, maple and aspen.

Autumn Oak Leaf & Jasper necklace
My favorite creation thus far! The pendant is made using mica shift technique-- the swirly design looks like it has depth and dimension, but the pendant is smooth and polished to a glassy sheen. I wanted to create a real natural feel for this necklace so I used lots of jasper chips and wood beads.

The first 2 items are available at my ArtFire shop, the last 2 at my Etsy, in case you or your home are in need of a little autumn adornment!

6 comments:

Sonny said...

I love all your pieces of art...but the 2nd necklace is my favorite. (as well as autumn time!) :)

Have a great week!

intothedawn said...

SONNY- Thanks so much! There is just something magical about autumn, isn't there?

threadsofmagique said...

They are all so beautiful but the votive holder is my favorite. I like the Greenman too. It's about time someone dressed him up for fall!

magicalmusings said...

I love the plaque! And it's amazing what you do with clay!

intothedawn said...

THREADSOFMAGIQUE~ Thank you! I love votive candles, so its been fun coming up with ways to decorate them.

MAGICAL MUSINGS~ Thanks! This is why I love poly clay-- there are so many different techniques that can be used, so much that can be done with it.

PolymerClayTutor said...

Very pretty Fall collection! I especially like the necklace in the last photo. Very nice!