Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Creating Comfort Food

Cold, wet weather is here! And that means its time for a little comfort food. This is a recipe I've had for so long I can't remember how I first got it. No, its not the healthiest thing in the world, but if you're needing a creamy, filling, comforting dish-- its definitely got all that.


SOUR CREAM TATOR TOT CASSEROLE

1 lb. frozen tator tots
1/8 C melted butter
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C sour cream
1/8 tsp pepper
3/4 C shredded cheese
1/2 C milk
1/2 of a ham steak, diced

1. Thaw potatoes in greased casserole dish.

2. Mix diced ham in with potatoes.

4. Mix butter, onion, soup, milk, sour cream & pepper. Pour over potatoes.

5. Top with cheese.

6. Bake 350* F for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That sounds ridiculously delicious and comforting, just had to comment.

Sorrow said...

Grilled cheese and tomato soup!
~grin~
thats my favorite comfy food!

intothedawn said...

SUZIE~ Its so naughty, but its so good!

SORROW~ Oh, that's another favorite on a cold night! I let my husband make the grilled cheese, though-- for some reason I always burn 'em.

Mother's Moon's Message said...

I have had a similiar dish to this and yes it is a goodie.... My comfort food... fried potoatoes and onions... Really any kind of potato... just love em...

intothedawn said...

Mother Moon~ I agree! Potatoes, any way ya wanna fix 'em, are the ultimate comfort food.