Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday: Treats

Each week, Jamie Ridler Studios hosts Wishcasting Wednesday.

You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt on your blog and leave a direct link HERE. Support wishes by visiting other participants, leaving a comment saying “As (insert name) wishes for her/himself, so I wish for her/him also.” It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together.
This week's prompt asks:

WHAT TREAT DO YOU WISH FOR?

At the risk of sounding superficial and frivolous... a treat I've always wanted is a professional manicure. Yes, really.

I've struggled with biting my nails my whole life. When my nerves kick in or my fingers feel dry and rough, I can chew my nails and the skin around them until they are mangled and bleeding without even realizing it. When I was younger, I tried putting bitter stuff on my nails, sitting on my hands, wearing gloves... As a child I frequently heard, "Get your fingers out of your mouth." I was always embarrassed and ashamed to be caught chewing my fingernails, yet I couldn't seem to help it.

This is about as good as they ever get.

The older I get, the better I've been about leaving them alone, yet its still a struggle. My nails are soft and weak and tear easily; my cuticles tend to be dry and hard and ragged. I don't want long and glamorous nails-- in fact, I prefer to keep them short since they're not very strong, and long nails get in the way when working with clay, leaving little crescent moons everywhere on my creations.

But I really crave short, even, neat fingernails. I try my best to manicure them myself, but I would love the treat of several professional manicures in a row, including paraffin waxes to smooth away my rough cuticles. I've always admired and envied anyone with nice, neat, buffed fingernails. I don't want anything fancy, I just want fingernails that look well-cared for. After all the abuse I've put mine through, it would be lovely to have nice looking hands for a change.

What treat do you wish for?

9 comments:

Sulwyn said...

That doesn't sound frivolous at all... or at least as far as treats go, it doesn't!

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Jennifer Schildknecht said...

I'd say you deserve it!
Go for it!

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!

Jennifer

CharSpirit's Creations said...

I wish I was near so I could give a wonderful spa manicure...you deserve a little pampering!

greekwitch said...

I have the same problem with my fingernails, so i know how you feel!
As Dawn wishes i wish for her also.

Summer Raven said...

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. That is a very modest wish actually! I have the type of nails/fingers that always need to be maintained too!

Dori said...

That sounds like a very nice treat. I hope you get it.

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Blessings

Sheila said...

Awwwwww...that's a lovely treat to wish for and I can tell you from very limited experience (just twice in my entire life) it's a lovely experience.

As Into the Dawn wishes for her self, so I wish for her as well.

Holly said...

Such a simple wish that makes such perfectly good sense!

Yes, you need that manicure and time to be a bit pampered very soon! To that end,

As Dawn wishes for herself and her paws, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also!

Nydia said...

Your hands look beautiful in this photo, with nice nails! I hope you can get over this, and keep this great look! We women (specially we witches...) take this very seriously! Actually I'm looking at my own nails right now while I type... *sigh* no comments...

As Turtle wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Kisses and love from us.