Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cozy Complete

Remember this little project I started... about a year ago? *blush* It's finally done!


I gave it to my friend at work today and she was absolutely thrilled with it. I've been apologizing to her profusely for the past 2 weeks for not getting it done before-- we lost touch after the spring project season this year and didn't run into each other again until this latest project at work. She's such a dear, she just laughed and said, "Don't worry about it, I don't really follow a linear timeline in my life anyways!" Still, I feel like such a heel.

This turned out to be such a cute tea cozy, I may have to make one for myself. The pattern was not hard to crochet, but my one critique is that the wording of the pattern sometimes made it very difficult to determine exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Also, there weren't any "summaries" of each row so that you would know if you had the right amount of stitches. If I did something wrong, I wouldn't find out until the next row because things weren't coming out right.

But now that I've made it once, I think it would be much easier the second time around. And, as a bonus, I learned how to do a new stitch-- the reverse single crochet, or crab stitch. This one has had me stumped for years because I'm a leftie. So the instructions for a reverse sc sounded just like doing what I do for a sc, because I crochet backwards. So I had figure out how to reverse the reverse sc. I finally found this incredibly helpful video for lefties, watched it a time or two, then followed along. The stitch came out just the way it was supposed to!

I love opportunities to expand my creative experience. This project was a great one.

2 comments:

greekwitch said...

This is so cute, and the colours are festive, great for Yule.

sukigirl said...

That turned out great Dawn, I like the colours that you've chosen, it really suits it.