Saturday, November 21, 2009

Quilt Block Mosaic Box

My most recent mosaic lidded box is finished and has been listed in my ArtFire shop!


I ended up making more tiles after my WIP post, because I wanted to get the pattern just right. I'm so pleased with how it turned out-- its like a quilt with a funky metallic twist. I started experimenting with adding glass tiles to my mosaics as well and I like the texture combination of stamped polymer & smooth glass. What do you think? Is the glass an interesting addition/texture to the design?

2 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like the look of Mosaic items. Did you make the box also?
I have any easy opportunity to do mosaic with ceramics but it seems I never get a good chance.
I should be done with Santa and should have a picture post like Sunday.

Coffee is on.

Sorrow said...

oh thats pretty!
it has very Mandala feel to it!