Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WIP Wednesday

Sometimes I get working on a project that starts out great and then... goes nowhere. Its frustrating, but it happens.

For instance I got these fabulous rubber stamps, all different sizes of quilt blocks. Perfect for making mosaic tiles, and I made a whole bunch of them. But then my enthusiasm waned when I couldn't seem to arrange the tiles on my box lid in any way that made me happy. So I've been waiting for inspiration... for quite some time now.

The other afternoon I started playing around with the tiles again. And added some glass tiles along with the polymer clay ones. *Bing!* Suddenly every piece started to fall into place. Finally, I knew what I wanted to do. Above is the progress I've made. I need to make a couple more tiles to switch out, but I'm really pleased so far. I love it when inspiration strikes.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

I love your tiles - Isn't it great how things just totally fall into place when that spark of inspiration hits? I guess the trick is to wait until it does and not try and force it. Beautiful composition.

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

That's beautiful, I sew appreciate quilt blocks in any form!!! Can't wait to see it finished!
Blessings~
Cindy

Angela Recada said...

I just found your blog, and I love what you do with clay! Your tile mosaics are beautiful!