Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday: Steps

Each week, Jamie Ridler Studios hosts Wishcasting Wednesday.

You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt on your blog and leave a direct link HERE. Support wishes by visiting other participants, leaving a comment saying “As (insert name) wishes for her/himself, so I wish for her/him also.” It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together.
This week's prompt asks:

WHAT STEP DO YOU WISH TO TAKE?

My answer is easy-- I want to get out my clays and actually MAKE all of the new poly clay creations I have in my head-- instead of thinking about them, sketching them, dreaming about them when I'm asleep. I want them to become a physical reality!

Its easy to say I haven't done this yet because I've been back to working FT hours again, but now I have a week or so off until the next project starts, so that doesn't work as an excuse right now.

I want to move forward, but fear, that little niggling imp, is holding me back. Fear that my ideas won't look as good in reality as they do on paper or in my imagination. I told myself fear has no place in my creative world-- PLAY is the code and keyword I want to live by. Because even if my new ideas don't turn out the way I imagined, if I play with them, I may come up with something even better. But if I don't take the first step-- to get out my clays and start working-- nothing is going to happen with all these new ideas.

So I need to take the simple step of getting out my clays and getting to work.

What step do you wish to take?

10 comments:

Ellen said...

As intoTheDawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Hope you get out the clay soonest - sounds like fun.

WrightStuff said...

You so have to do this. I did it with my art - I spent so much time worrying about how things would turn out that I was missing the most important thing - the enjoyment of the exercise. I love the splashing paint around, creating something from nothing. Sometimes it turns into something I'm proud of, others it doesn't. It's still playing and wonderful. Don't think about it for a moment longer - GO CREATE!!!!

Sulwyn said...

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Steffi said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also! ♥

Dori said...

As intoTheDawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sarah Lulu said...

As IntoTheDawn wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also. xx

Robin said...

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I deeply wish for her.

I'm right there with you - I still find "playing" easier said than done. But maybe the fantastic creation you envision is the FIRST step rather than the finished product. Sometimes when I'm making something - papercrafting, cooking, sewing - I start with a pretty complete picture in my mind's eye, but then end up changing it around completely and coming up with something I could never have imagined.

I agree with a lot of fellow Wishcasters - go for it!

The Fragrant Muse said...

Ohhhhh polymer clay is the BEST. And yes, play play play and you'll be amazing at what your inner child will create.

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Genie Sea said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! :)

Moving past fear and second guessing, I know you will do fabulously! :)

myrope said...

As Into the Dawn wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
I love your header image, too! It's GORGEOUS