Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Practice Sculpting Faces

Today I practiced sculpting faces. They are challenging, especially since I am teaching myself how to sculpt. These are far from perfect, but I feel like I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

Two online tutorials that I find very helpful while I'm in my learning process--

Shaping a PC Face Cabochon

Sarajane Helm's Making Faces

I have fun making the noses and mouths but I find eyes more difficult. I've practiced sculpting faces with closed and opened eyes and I think I like the closed eyes better. Maybe its because the faces look more peaceful that way or maybe its because I just don't like feeling like I'm being watched! Which do you prefer?

Be sure to check back to see how I use my face sculptures once I perfect my technique.

2 comments:

Dori said...

You are getting pretty good at making these faces. Great job.

Sorrow said...

they look great to me!