Thursday, December 31, 2009

Simple Abundance in 2010

I've always wanted to try working though Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort & Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach, which has readings for every day of the year starting January 1st. Of course, to do it "right" I've always felt I must start on January 1st, but never think about the book until too late.
From the back of the book:

In the past a woman's spirituality has been separated from her lifestyle. Simple Abundance shows you how your daily life can be an expression of your authentic self... as you choose the tastiest vegetables from your garden, search for treasures at flea markets, establish a sacred space in your home for meditation, and follow the rhythm of the seasons and the year. Here, for the first time, the mystical alchemy of style and Spirit is celebrated. Every day, your own true path leads you to a happier, more fulfilling and contented way of life-- the state known as SIMPLE ABUNDANCE.
For whatever reason, I remembered the book before January 1st this year. I guess its the right time for this journey. And I'm putting out the call to anyone else who might be interested taking the journey with me. I've already got several takers, which is exciting! If anyone else is interested in reading along, please do join in.

Will I make it through all 365 days? I have no idea. But I'm willing to give it a go. I'm thinking of it as an exercise in self-nurturing and I can always use some of that on a daily basis. Couldn't you?

At any rate, my intentions are good and with support from other journeyers, we might all just make it! I'll be doing an SA check-in here on my blog each weekend and invite other participants to check in here as well. Here's to Simple Abundance in 2010!

4 comments:

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

I'm so glad I saw your request,and so ready to begin the Simple Abundance journey. I had a couple of interested people, but haven't heard back yet. Here's to nuturing ourselves this year♥

Bohemian Single Mom said...

Yay for you!! I read this book and LOVED it a few years back!
Here's to a year of knowing that simple is all we really need AND if we look, we have an abundance of it!!!!!
:)
Happy 2010

Arlene said...

Count me in!! Received my copy today and am starting to read it. Looking forward to sharing it with you and anyone else who will be joining us.

Blogger said...

eToro is the #1 forex broker for beginning and professional traders.