Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wrapping Up the Year

So. Seems I unintentionally and inadvertently took a break from blogging this month. But I'm okay with that, because for the past 2 1/2 weeks I've been out of state visiting relatives and then, once back home, came down sick and am still recovering.

This past year has been a year of growth for me. I've grown in my polymer clay knowledge and experience and in my tarot expertise. I've grown in my family size (2 new kitties) and I've grown in my circle of friends (my Ya-Ya sisters, spirituality group and my fellow poly clay artists). And I've begun to rediscover my sacred self through my art and my pagan spirituality class. Of course there have been bumps in the road, like the never ending joys of home ownership (note sarcasm) and the perils of the economy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm looking forward to the new year.

Taking a tip from this blog post, which I found through this blog post, I've chosen a word to live by for 2010. And that word is:

EXPLORATION

That will be my mantra. In my every day life, my art, my self-care, everything. I think its a very all-encompassing word and it feels very empowering to me as well. So here's to exploring in 2010~ onward and forward!

2 comments:

Deronda said...

Hmmm, I will have to think about a word for 2010...I like yours and I hope you have a wonderful year exploring...

Meredith said...

Excellent word choice for 2010. May this year be full of exciting adventure and fearless exploration for you!