Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kuan Yin Mosaic Shrine & More

My newest ArtFire listing, and my Asian influence challenge piece for the PCSG--


I made this shrine as a piece that can sit on a tabletop or can be hung on a wall. Kuan Yin is a goddess I have always been drawn to, and I put quite a bit of thought into this shrine.


The words OM MANI PADME HUM form one of the many mantras that are associated with Kuan Yin. She is often depicted standing on a dragon, so I made sure to include a dragon tile in the mosaic. Often she is holding or standing on a lotus, so I included a lotus flower as well. She is a goddess of compassion, so there are 3 tiles with the Kanji characters for love, hope and faith in the mosaic and the character for peace is in the central collage.

Other Asian inspired items I've created that are available in my Etsy shop:

Chinese Calligraphy pendant necklace
with bronze and peacock colored accents.




Click on any of the pictures or links for more information!

1 comment:

threadsofmagique said...

What a lovely piece! The soft colors and the feeling of balance are just perfect