Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tarot for 2010

Got together with my Ya-Ya sistahs on Sunday and we figured out our year card for 2010 and then did our reading for the new year. This year I used the Pearls of Wisdom deck to do my reading.

The top card is my card for this year. Its found by adding your birth month and day with the current year. So for me: 6+2+2010=2018 --> 2+0+1+8 = 11 (Justice). So the theme for this year for me will be balance, integrity, seeing both sides before making decisions, natural consequences, negotiation, compromise, resolution.


There are 13 more cards in the spread-- one for each moon cycle in the year. I've found this spread works best for me as a year spread; at each new moon I review my card so that I am aware of the theme for that moon cycle and what might be influencing me as the moon waxes and wanes.

1st moon- 5 of wands
2nd moon- The Hanged Man (12)
3rd moon- King of Wands
4th moon- Queen of Wands
5th moon- King of Swords
6th moon- 8 of wands
7th moon- 6 of wands
8th moon- 5 of pentacles
9th moon- The Emperor (4)
10th moon- Knight of Cups
11th moon- Wheel of Fortune (10)
12th moon- The Hermit (9)
13th moon- 2 of wands

Lots of energy, creativity and action in my year with all those wands, especially in the first half. I'm very excited to see that. The second half is a bit of a jumble-- to me it indicates some family oriented things happening, starting with the 5 of pentacles (sorrow, challenges, hard times). I think all will be well, though, because that card is surrounded by 6 of wands (victory, celebration) and the Emperor (stability, foundation).

Since the Pearls of Wisdom deck is so full and rich with color and symbolism, more than any other deck I've used in the past, I did mostly an intuitive reading for the upcoming year. Only time will tell if my intuition was correct!

3 comments:

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

I have YaYa sisters too....

http://sewhappydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/09/ya-ya-sisterhood-diva-quilters-dq.html

There are other YaYa posts, but this is the one that explains my YaYa's!

Loved your post Dawn!
Blessings,
Cindy

Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

My apologies - had to delete my original comment; reread your post and answered the question. =) Is there anything wrong with my using a year spread from Nov to October (from Halloween to Halloween)?