Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day 2010

A couple of days ago, my sweetie sent me these lovely tulips for an early Valentine's gift. It was like he'd read my mind-- I've been longing for tulips ever since they started appearing in the stores at the beginning of the year. Aren't they lovely? They smell and look like spring!

We had a simple Valentine's dinner at home--the tulips, candlelight, cheese fondue and snow crab legs. There is just something very romantic about sitting in our quiet kitchen in the warm glow of the candle lamp, relaxing, talking and laughing, dipping into the fondue pot. Together.

So, sooooo much nicer than sitting in a busy, noisy, expensive restaurant. Sometimes, simple really is best.

2 comments:

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

We were going to go out to eat, but the restaurants were so crowded; we came home and had a simple dinner too!

Nydia said...

Lovely tulips! I couldn't agree with you: more Simpler is most times the best! Your hubby is s sweetie, but you do deserve being spoiled my him! It's beautiful to see a solid love relationship like yours, it gives me hope! :o)

Kisses and love from us.