Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tarot for 2010~ 2nd moon

A new moon cycle for this year began Saturday (2/13), so its time to review the card I drew for the 2nd moon when I did my new year's tarot spread.

The Hanged Man (12)~

In general, this card is about being suspended and the need to look at one's situation from a new perspective. This card in the Pearls of Wisdom deck seems rather joyful about the process though. The two runes on the card are Wunjo (joy, wisdom) and Isa (ice); this card indicates an isolated, frozen period of time that will bring happiness in the end.

Intuitively, I see that there is a lot of wisdom available-- the owls and serpents symbolize wisdom to me; also that change is in the air, a necessity, indicated by the butterflies and the autumn leaves falling.

This is just a pause in the journey and it looks like its by choice-- note the knapsack carefully leaned up against the tree, and the Hanged Man even had time to take his shoes off before he started hanging around. Perhaps the all-seeing eyes will help to see what is overlooked, so that the journey can continue.

So what I see is that I need to be looking at my life from a different perspective right now, especially in areas where I feel like I'm in a rut. If I turn inward, focus on my path, I will find the wisdom I am seeking to make the necessary changes I need to move forward.

No comments: