Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Inspiration Board

After putting it aside for far too long, I have finally finished my Inspiration Board! I completed staining the frame on Monday, then yesterday I waxed it and screwed the hardware on the back for hanging and put it up in my craft room. It hangs over the right hand corner of my work table.

Now to fill it with inspiration! Here's what I have on it so far--
  • my keyword for this year, EXPLORE
  • photos of two polymer clay pieces by Tammara Scott that I absolutely love
  • a little beaded strand I made with the chakra colors to remind me to breathe and stay balanced
  • a schedule for Earth Temple to remind me to stay connected with spirit
  • a most excellent Chinese cookie fortune that reads: Your talents will capture you the highest fortune and prestige
  • Two of my favorite quotes:
"I think the creative process is not about creating something else, its about the process itself creating who I am." ~ Mayumi Oda

"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." ~Mary Bryant

And there is still room for a lot more inspiration. I think this board will always be a "work in progress." I'm pretty sure it will be ever changing and evolving, just like me.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

That is wonderful, Dawn!!! I love the quotes and all your other selections for your board. Very inspiring! I have been wanting to get myself a bulletin board like that for a while now. Great example of what is possible.

Great job. :-)

hidingplainsight said...

ooooh the trees! OMG...

Your board has certainly inspired ME at least.

~C~

Dori said...

Your inspiration board is awesome. You have a great idea here. Now I want to make my own "inspiration board". I have one just the right size.

Bravo!!!