Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nifty Thrifty

I am always freezing at work, especially in the summer, when the AC there is cranked up, so I'm always looking for affordable sweaters I can layer on to keep me warm.

Behold-- my latest thrift store find!

Yes, its rather huge, bulky and shapeless; its more like wearing a poncho rather than a sweater-- but look at that color! My favorite shade of green! Even better, it has little flecks of orange and purple in it, too. Better still, it perfectly matches my magic green shoes! Plus, it was hand knit by someone who did a nice job of it. PLUS-- it was .99 cents. That's right, less than one dollar. Seriously! How cool is that?!

I love this sweater. And thrift stores.

7 comments:

Dori said...

That sweater was just waiting for you and your magic shoes to find it.

Nydia said...

What a bargain! This gree is really lovely, my favorite color too!

I need to find some treasures like this here for Luca! Winter is going to be chilli!

Kisses from us.

TMCPhoto said...

We live in a fairly posh neighborhood and are less than posh ourselves. The Sally Ann in our burb is chock full of excellent clothes too. My last purchase was a green sweater for .99 too.

coltpixy said...

I love the color combo but what I really love is the price!

m said...

that's a wonderful deal and a nice looking sweater.

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

The magical shoes led you to it :)

Arlene said...

I love that photo of your new sweater and your magic green shoes! Great find!! I agree - you and your magic shoes attracted it to you. I love stories like that!