Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WIP Wednesday: A Clay Logo

So, I've been wanting to create a polymer clay sun to represent Into the Dawn Designs. Something to replace the digitally created graphic I have now. Something that shows my actual clay work, that I can use for my shops' banners, my avatar, etc.


I know I want to use clay, mica powder, copper wire and beads. Above are the beads I have that I would like to try and incorporate into my sun design. Just playing around, I made the little swirly head pins with the beads on them and wondered how I could use the swirled copper disc beads as well.


I decided to add a copper swirl bead to the strand to see how it looked, and I like it. So these strands will be part of my sun's rays and will be added to the clay design. Which is yet to be determined. But I'd like to base the colors and design off of what I've begun so far.

It's a bit like a puzzle and I'm slowly piecing the idea together. Can't wait to see how it all turns out, although I suspect there will be quite a bit of trial and error. But that's okay. I have faith that in the end, it will be fabulous-- the fun will be the creative journey I take to get there.

5 comments:

EmilyClaireCreations said...

Oh WOW! I can't wait to see what you make!! That looks so cool already!

Betty said...

Very cool so far! :D Can't wait for you to finish your new sign!

Dori said...

It will be beautiful. I love the colors too.

magicalmusings said...

Love what you are designing so far! I subscribed to the clay smooshers blog and saw something on there that was my favorite one the other day and then looked and realized it was your's. :)

c said...

Cool!!!