Thursday, July 29, 2010

Crescent Moon Pin

This past week I have been creating all sorts of new pins, pendants and earrings. This crescent moon pin is what I've been working on for the PCSG "space" challenge-- here it is fresh out of the oven after being cured:

Then I added an edging of labradorite chips, a patina of silver paint to bring out the details and varnished it with a satin glaze:


This pin would make a really great cloak clasp and would look beautiful on a shawl, scarf, lapel or even holding up a hat brim or decorating a tote bag. Mystical Crescent Moon Pin now available in my ArtFire shop!

3 comments:

coltpixy said...

It is beautiful! Love all the little details.

Arlene said...

That is just gorgeous! Love, love, love it! Like Coltpixy, I adore all the details on this piece - so unique! You've done it once again!

Dori said...

That pin is so beautiful. WOW