Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Blossoming

So this week the tree in our front yard started to blossom. It gets clusters of papery white flowers all over it; very pretty and... very messy.

The tree was in bloom the very first time we saw the house, when we arrived for a walk-through. I thought it was just enchanting... and a good omen.

Every day now for the next 2 or 3 weeks, whenever we leave the house or return, hundreds of little white petals will float through the air and swirl all around us. It’s rather like a fantasy, reminds me of that 80’s movie with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara– remember Legend? And for the first half hour of the movie, wherever they went, little flower petals were magically wafting through the air, dancing in the sunbeams…

Yeah, it's kinda like that around here...

3 comments:

EmilyClaireCreations said...

I love Legend, and when I see the cotton wood blowing around here, I always think of that scene!

c said...

I remember those moments... once upon a time a long long time ago it seems.

greekwitch said...

What a lovely tree! I want a tree like that! I have never seen that movie!