Thursday, August 26, 2010

Celtic Lion Complete

Finished my Celtic lion design the other night and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Not bad for my first woodburning project!

I switched from a tapered point for the fine details to a flow point to darken the larger areas of the design. I'd like to add some sort of border, I think-- some Celtic knotwork? But the lion design comes so close to the edge in a couple of places, it would have to be quite a small and simple knot. Have to think on that.

If I don't find anything that would work, no matter. I'm just as happy with it the way it looks right now. And I enjoyed the project so much, I'm already contemplating ways that I can incorporate woodburning in to some of my future projects.

5 comments:

Cat said...

That is way cool!

Dori said...

very very nice!

Nydia said...

Beautiful! Maybe you could darken the borders, simply? Or leave it this way and frame it, it's so beautiful the way it is already...

hidingplainsight said...

Yes pyrography rules! well done and have fun. I've become addicted myself.

hidingplainsight said...

Oh, and for the border? dots, big dots.