Thursday, August 5, 2010

Claying with the Crones

I had a clay play date tonight with some friends!

These wonderful ladies are planning their croning ritual and wanted to make some special tokens and beads out of polymer clay for it. I was very honored that, as none of them have much experience with poly clay, they asked me if I would be willing to assist them in the creative process.

The supplies start coming out and the crones are conditioning clay like crazy.

Of course I said yes! There was no way I was going to turn down the opportunity to hang out with these lovely crones AND play with clay together.

The crones working diligently!

We had a great time smooshing clay, working with molds and playing with mica powders. (Okay, I admit, I was very persuasive about using the mica powders, but once they saw how cool it looks on clay, they were into it.) There was lots of laughter and quite a bit of wise-assery as well.

All told, a very good evening! Even better, it's happening again next week.

1 comment:

Dori said...

Isn't it great having a clay play day with friends? Enjoy. And thanks for sharing.