Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recently Reorganized

My creative work space had been so cluttered for so long, it was beginning to drive me crazy. The piles were piling up higher and higher, never knew where to put supplies, never had enough space to work. So finally I took some time to reorganize my space around my desk.


I got the little storage cart on the right for half price and it's perfect for holding items that seemed to have no permanent home-- my clay extruder, rubber stamp overflow from my craft closet, unfinished projects, loose cording and so forth. On top of the cart are my containers holding my metal beads, spacers and findings, as well as some other jewelry supplies.


I reorganized the bins on the left side of my desk. Got rid of all the little snippets of things I was saving "just in case" they might come in handy for a project. Threw out odds and ends. Put all my cutters in one 3-drawer storage bin, all my molds in another, all my clay in another. Put odd items like my packing scale, heat embosser and food processor in the plastic "shoe box" drawer bins. My purple bins stayed pretty much the same; acrylic rods, mica powders and foils in one bin, paints, glazes and glues in the other.

It took quite a few days to get everything in order, but I feel so much better now that everything has a proper place! I feel like I've done a pretty decent job organizing quite a lot of supplies in a fairly small amount of space. Now to keep it this way.

3 comments:

EmilyClaireCreations said...

Looks great! I need to do some serious cleaning of my area :D

Cat said...

I'm not sure if I should be impressed, jealous or just not be talking you anymore!
Hm. I guess I'm impressed! ;-)

Dori said...

Excellent job DawnMarie. It looks wonderful.