Sunday, September 19, 2010

Front Range Pagan Pride Adventures

Yesterday was Front Range Pagan Pride Day and I had my very first experience with selling my wares from a vendor booth!

I only had about 2 weeks to prepare, so my booth was itty bitty, small potatoes compared to some of the booths there. But I did the best I could on short notice and I think it turned out fine.

I owe much thanks to some friends who helped make my vendor booth possible-- Sage, who gave me the idea, lots of encouragment and loaned me tables, and Deb who graciously loaned me the use of her canopy. I have fantastic friends!

One thing I definitely learned-- light weight tablecloths are not good when the wind blows! Even though we had them tied down, the wind puffed up and blew those light tablecloths easily, and lots of items on the table got moved around when that happened. I had to leave most of my pendulums bagged up together during the morning hours so they wouldn't roll away!

The rest of vendor's row at FRPP. There were about 6 other booths in the opposite direction from this view, including mine.

There were rituals, workshops, pagan bands, and other entertainment throughout the day. Nationally known pagan author and performer T. Thorn Coyle was our featured speaker, who lead us in some songs/chants and also meditations. But my favorite performance of the day-- the belly dancers! They were fantastic and performed for at least a half an hour.

Closing ceremony was a Blot ritual by a local Asatru (Norse/Viking) group, which was really interesting. The ritual came across as very empowering with the Hammer Rite, lots of praising and libating and hailing Odin.

Believe it or not, next year's FRPP is already in the works-- date set for October 1st, with Raven Grimassi and Stephanie Taylor as guest speakers. I'll be there!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

your booth looked awesome and it looks like it was a great festival...

Selling at festivals is my favorite way to sell.It's great meeting all the other vendors and you can't beat instant feedback.

Glad you had a good time.

Nydia said...

Oh your booth was so neat! But I can imagine the trouble the wind gave you...

It must have been such a great experience for you! Your art is so beautiful and meeting new people only spread your name around, which is always great for your shop. Congrats for your sales!!

Kisses and love from us.

Dori said...

Your booth looks awesome. I guess the wind can get a little pushy at times. But you came out fine. Can't wait to see your booth next year!!!

Meri Greenleaf said...

Your booth looks great! And purple-y! That's good advice about the lightweight tablecloths- I'll have to remember that. Looks like you had a great time!