Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Incredible (In)edible Eggs

Once again, I've been playing with creating decorated egg rattles. Here is version 3.0--


This pic doesn't show it very well, but there is lots of subtle color on them from using mica powders. LOTS of mica powders! My hands were just a beautiful mess of color from blending. Each egg actually has 2-3 different shades of mica powders on it, giving them a nice metallic sheen.

These are jumbo sized eggs and have a nice rattley sound to them. Fun little items I created that I thought would be nice for using in drumming or chant circles. More varieties to come!

4 comments:

Cat said...

What fun!

Dori said...

Those are awesome and what a great idea!

Daydreamer said...

Beautiful DawnMarie!

Iris said...

This is my first time visiting your blog, from Mother Moon's site. I love your creations, especially the egg on your side bar with flowers. Very nice!