Sunday, November 7, 2010

Silver Sisters Croning

My three friends' much anticipated Croning Ritual was just the other night and it was an amazing experience!

The evening was filled with lots of love, laughter and some tears. It was an incredible feeling to be in a room filled with women there to honor other women, to CELEBRATE aging instead of being fearful of it.


In this day and age of anti-aging creams and lip plumpers and Botox injections, its a rare thing to see women embrace growing older. And to me, that is sad, because aging isn't something to be feared, its a natural part of life. Some of the most beautiful people I know are people with salt and pepper, or silvery hair and wonderful lines that crinkle their faces, especially when they laugh. What's wrong with that?


Sage, Sephira and Windy may be crones, but they are anything BUT old. They are wise, joyous, energetic, sassy, creative... absolutely young in their hearts and minds. Nothing stops them. I was honored to be asked to be a part of this ritual and I am honored to call them friends.

4 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Absolutely divine!! thank you for sharing this wonderful moment!

Divaeva said...

Awesome indeed!

Annette said...

What a wonderful idea! as I approach that time in my life, I'd love to hold such a ceremony. Would you be willing to share details?

Layla )O( said...

Great post! I agree with you completely!!