Friday, February 11, 2011

PAJ Week 1: Intention

Aradia's Cauldron has created and organized a fantastic year long project-- 52 weeks of Pagan Art Journaling. A different prompt every week to create your journal pages around. I've been saying to myself that I want to do more journaling, and I love this idea, so I'm IN!

As you can see, I'm much more of a rubber stamping kinda gal than one who paints or draws. And I love my colored pencils, too-- rather the adult version of crayons for me!

My intention for this project is CONNECTION. When I first started blogging, the only people I "knew" online were pagan bloggers. As I got more and more involved in the online handmade community, that connection was rather lost, and I found myself drifting closer and closer to being back in the "broom closet" online. I'm very much looking forward to re-connecting with pagans online through this project-- and meeting more pagans who are artists? Even better!


Not only that, but I hope to re-connect with myself as a pagan. Somehow along the way I feel I've lost a bit of that, and in the past year or so, I've been looking for ways to reclaim my spiritual path and sense of self. Pagan art journaling seems to be one more excellent way to do that.

8 comments:

aradia's cauldron said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. We've already both mentioned this before, but your feelings about going back in the closet online... are totally how I feel myself and exactly why I wanted to create this project/community for myself, so I totally identify with your feelings.

Dori said...

Good for you DawnMarie. Your artwork is great. I love the tree idea.

amygrennell said...

So awesome that you are inspired to do some pagan art journaling! I like that you are reconnecting this way. Look forward to seeing more. :)

intothedawn said...

ARADIA~ Thank you! I can't tell you how good it feels to have found a kindred spirit in this and I appreciate being part of 52 weeks more than you know. Really looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

DORI~ Thank so much. *hugs* You have always been such a great supporter of my pagan art and I hope you know how much that means to me.

AMY~ You know, I thought of you and all the beautiful art pages you've done when I ran across this project. Perhaps you'll join in? I am already feeling a re-connection and can't wait to see what's next!

Sunni said...

Beautiful page! And great intention. That's wonderful that you're reconnecting like that. Can't wait to see more! :)

intothedawn said...

SUNNI~ Thank you! I think setting that intention has really helped; feels like I'm starting to re-connect through this project already.

Emi Brade said...

OH, I didn't even think about stamping, I just started making my own cards so I'm growing my collection! Wonderful pages, thanks for the inspiration.

intothedawn said...

EMI~ Thanks for commenting! I've been collecting stamps for years-- and I'm always looking for ways to use them! LOL