Thursday, February 17, 2011

PAJ Week 2: Love

I really struggled with this week's topic of heart/love. I had two ideas for creating my page, but couldn't find the words I wanted to go with either idea. I'm not sure that I actually answered the prompt, I think I sort of went off on my own direction.

I'm also not sure that my journal page really expresses what I meant, but... I wrote what was in my head at the moment.

What I really wanted to express was that when I started identifying or defining myself as a pagan, it opened up so many pathways to so many different types of love. It's made my marriage better, its made my friendships better, its made my understanding of community better. And all of this started with my quest to make my relationship with God/dess better. What a journey its been! And will continue to be...

5 comments:

aradia's cauldron said...

I love how you divided this page into a triptych. It's lovely. Yet another idea that I'm totally going to have to plagiarise from my fellow art journalers!

intothedawn said...

ARADIA~ Feel free! LOL My idea was to make separate columns for each type of love-- partner, community, and Deity; not sure if that idea came across.

Emi Brade said...

Beautiful! I was struck by the phrase "I was looking for a loving God and found Her" I really identified with it. again Beautiful!

GreenWheel said...

I agree with the rest; plus "I think I sort of went off on my own direction." That is okay. If that is where the Muse takes you... guess what? Then the prompt was just a jumping off point for the Muse to catch you and bring you down to where you needed to be, for you. Love your concepts too!

intothedawn said...

EMI~ Thank you! One of my favorite quotes is by Nzotake Stange-- "I found God in myself and I loved her; I loved her fiercely."

GREENWHEEL~ Thank you-- yes, I forgot that the prompt is really just a starting place! Half the fun is finding out where you end up with it.