Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Yemaya Shrine

I have been working on tiles for a new mosaic shrine, this one for Yemaya.

I've been turning the idea around in my head for a while now and after doing some reading and thinking about Yemaya, the design for the shrine started to come together.

I have been interested in Yemaya for some time now, but to be honest, I am a bit afraid of her, she seems such a strong and no-nonsense Goddess. Yet maternal, as well. I don't know that I will keep this piece when it is finished as I'm not ready to invite Yemaya into my home yet, but I do hope that she will be pleased with my efforts.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Love the blues that you have chosen!! I'm sure Yemaya will be very pleased with it, it's going to be gorgeous!!

Many smiles and blessings!!

intothedawn said...

JULIA- Thank you! In my reading I've learned there are many aspects of Yemaya and I've tried to encompass the more universal color correspondences in my choices for this shrine.