Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another Beeswax Candle

I think I'm getting addicted. Met with my circle yesterday and made another beeswax candle while we talked. This one has some of my handmade personal power incense sprinkled down the center along the wicking. I also put in crushed lavender buds, calendula and rose petals-- if you look closely, you can see some of the colors peeking through the beeswax.


While we made candles, my circle discussed what we want to create for a house cleansing/blessing we have planned. I have my white beeswax candles from last meeting that I made specifically for this and we kicked around some other ideas, including making incense again.

Although I've only made incense once before, I really enjoyed doing it and look forward to making more. Now I need to do some meditating and studying on what exactly should be in an incense for a house blessing. I love that my circle is really in to making our own tools, candles, incense, etc. I think it is such an important part of the Craft.

2 comments:

Dori said...

Creating your own items for a house blessing makes the blessing all the more powerful. Great job.

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

You ARE blessed, girlfriend!