Wednesday, March 30, 2011

PAJ Week 7: Water

I am behind on my pagan art journaling pages, but here is one that I recently DID complete (out of order)--

Its a very simple page, but I think it says it all for me when it comes to the element of water.

After we moved to semi-arid Colorado back in 2000, I realized just how important water really is... Most people don't realize that Colorado is very desert-like in climate. With the very low humidity, dry, sandy soil and sun that feels hotter because of the altitude, water really is life.

Seeing my lawn and garden and even trees struggle during the long, hot days of summer and watching the snow in winter dry up and disappear in a matter of days after any snowstorm really has made me aware of how important water is to survive.

7 comments:

Dori said...

Very nice post and I love the page.

Deronda said...

Great page, and it's very true about water.

kijjet said...

Very pretty! Is the cover painted or is it different layers of paper?

intothedawn said...

Thanks Dori & Deronda!

Kijjet~ Thank you! Its different layers of torn paper that has a little bit of texture, and the lighter blue has a bit of a pearl sheen to it.

Emi Brade said...

The paper layers are such a good idea for making waves and I must agree, water is life.

intothedawn said...

Thanks, Emi! Most of my pages have gotten more & more complex; I wanted something simple to get my point across this time!

GreenWheel said...

Awesome page. Simple. Effective. Beautiful. True.