Over the weekend the Mister & I worked on putting my herb garden back together again.
The reason we have to put my herb garden back together is because-- long story short, it was torn up when the neighbors had to have their electrical cables buried. The post for all the electrical for our neighbors is in our back yard. So when the cable was buried, the trench for it was dug straight from the post, through my garden and into their yard. Above is what it looked like after they were done. It used to have a beautiful "checkerboard" made with the patio blocks, with herbs in the open spaces between the blocks.
Even my little turtle guardian of the garden was broken...
Anyway, once I got over fuming about the damage, there was nothing left to do but put it back together again. Pretty much everything was dead from the mess when the trench was dug, so we decided just to pull out all the remaining stones and patio blocks, till up the soil and start from scratch.
I am looking at it as an opportunity for improving the design from last time-- for instance, this time we're using more of the blocks to make a sidewalk and area for a bench. Last time we used flagstones and although pretty, they were very uneven and hard to walk on, so this will be much better.
I'm excited with the progress we've made so far and looking forward to my garden being even more beautiful than before.
58 minutes ago