Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All Back Together Again

The Mister & I worked hard over the holiday weekend and were able to get my herb garden plot all laid out again! I am so excited!

Here's the destruction of my original garden that we started out with...


... halfway there...


... and... DONE!


The checkerboard design was something I read about somewhere, years ago; the design is supposed to help contain some of the more tenacious herbs that like to spread. The flat space along the back fence is for a garden bench-- once all the herbs are planted it will be such a nice, fragrant place to sit and relax in the evenings.

Now-- time to plant! Lavender, sage, yarrow, hyssop, thyme, foxglove, lemon balm... mmmm... can't wait to have my little green friends back again!

2 comments:

☼Illuminary☼ said...

beautiful! now lets hope the weather cooperates!

intothedawn said...

ILLUMINARY~ Its supposed to be heating up this week... now as long as it doesn't get too hot too fast! LOL Gardening is always a gamble!